Becoming She-Hulk

The Journey to Prove that 40 is Worth Celebrating with a Bang!

Sunday, August 28, 2005

7 days... One week from tonight!

We arrived home safely and the girls are in bed after a whirlwind weekend in Montebello (between Montreal and Ottawa) for a family wedding. I haven't even unpacked most of our stuff yet and can't believe that one week from tonight I'll be up on stage painted green. Do I remember where I put this set of plane tickets? Will my family survive the Rolling Stones invading Moncton while I am gone? Will the hurricane mess up travel up and down the coast this week?

I had SO much fun meeting new people this weekend who'd never met a woman my height... There were also some friends of the bride who were rather tall yet quite surprised to discover that they were average or short in OUR clan!! We laughed about the different challenges that height, or lack thereof, can pose. We basked in the glowing happiness of the bride and groom. I stocked up on hugs from my brother and sister who both live overseas (London and Lausanne), snuggled my new nephew, tickled my niece and danced past midnight.

It was fun to try the awesome gym equipment and even more satisfying to have people comment on the killer wedding outfit I'd found! The 3 inch heels were a hit too... I can see why She-Hulk refuses to wear flat shoes!

I'm off to bed and hopefully tomorrow's entry will be more coherent!